Get out your confetti cannons and toot your horns: it’s time for another week-long Emu’s Debuts book launch party!!!
This week we’re celebrating the launch of Penny Parker Klostermann‘s There Was an Old Dragon. We’ve had dragons on the blog before, thanks to Joshua McCune’s Talker 25 and Natalie Dias Lorenzi’s Flying the Dragon, but this dragon is for the younger set (and everyone else who loves jaunty rhyming text and colorful, clever artwork!). I mean, just look at that face!
This particular dragon is up to a bit of no good, though, as you might expect from the title.
Here’s what some early reviews had to say about it:
“No matter how many swallowed-fly titles you own, this one belongs on your shelf too.” — Kirkus
“The author has used a broad range of words—savory, shady, fattens, tassel, guzzled, bloat, quote, perchance, amass, and billow. These will add depth to the young listener’s vocabulary.” — School Library Journal
Penny has been busy pounding the virtual pavement to get the word out about this fantastic book. In addition to what we have planned for you the rest of the week, don’t miss the ongoing “There Was an Old Blog Tour.” Here are the list of places this very hungry dragon has visited or will be visiting soon:
- Tuesday, July 14th-Carrie Charley Brown in a two-part interview that starts at Carrie On…Together, then continues to REFOREMO (Reading For Research Month)
- Tuesday, July 14th-Suzanne Slade at Picture Book Builders
- Wednesday, July 15-Erik at This Kid Reviews Books
- Friday, July 17-Susanna Leonard Hill at Susanna Leonard Hill
- Tuesday, July 21-Jean Reidy at Jean Reidy
- Friday, July 24-Kidlit411
- Monday, July 27th-Robyn Campbell at Robyn Campbell
- Saturday, August 1st-Julie Hedlund at 12 x 12
- Monday through Friday, August 3rd-7th-EMUs Debuts
- Tuesday, August 4th-Tara Lazar at Writing for Kids While Raising Them
- Thursday, August 6th-Monster at 32 Zoo
- Friday, August 7th-Michelle at Today’s Little Ditty
- Monday, August 10th-Laura Sassie at Laura Sassi Tales
- Friday, August 14th-Renee LaTulippe at No Water River
And you can click HERE for the free downloadable activity guide From Random House!
For personalized signed copies of There Was an Old Dragon, you can order from Texas Star Trading Co. and give your dedication details in the Gift Message box. You can also contact them by email at email@example.com or call (325) 672-9696.
You can find one at YOUR local indie bookstore here: Indiebound
Of course, you can also try your luck: Comment on any post this week for a chance to win your very own SIGNED copy of There Was an Old Dragon. And don’t forget to come back to see what’s cooking for tomorrow: it’ll be delicious!